- March 2020: APS March Meeting, Denver (USA).
- 11th October 2019: Talk at the Oxford Centre for Soft and Biological Matter (UK).
- 15th-18th September: Stokes 200. University of Cambridge (UK).
- 4th-5th July 2019: Statistical Physics Meets Movement Ecology, University of Britol (UK).
- 3rd-7th June 2019: International Soft Matter Conference, U. of Edinburgh (UK).
- 19th-23rd May 2019: Marine Particles and Phycosphere, Ascona (Switzerland).
- 13th May 2019: Talk at SBIDER, Zeeman Institute, University of Warwick.
- 3rd May 2019: Talk at the University of Lincoln (UK).
- 4th-8th of March 2019: APS March Meeting, Boston, MA (USA).
- 25 Feb – 1 March 2019: Summer School at the Forschungszentrum Jülich (Germany).
- 3 Oct. 2018: Talk at the Physics Department in Loughborough (UK).
- 18-19 Sept. 2018: Active Fluids SIG Meeting (UK Fluids Network), University of York (UK).
- 16-20 July 2018. Fluids CDT Summer School at Imperial College (UK).
- 7-8 June 2018: Microfluidics symposium at the University of Exeter (UK).
- 3 May 2018: Albert Shimmins International Fellowship Lecture. University of Melbourne (Australia).
- 30 Apr. 2018: Math. and Comp. Biol. Seminar Series, Math. and Stat. Dept. University of Melbourne (Australia).
- 8-10th Jan. 2018: “From Active Matter to Complex Fluids“, Nice (France)
- 30th Nov. 2017: Talk at the University of Leiden.
- Nov. 2017: Visit to UCL.
- 25th-27th Oct. 2017: Visit to DTU Physics and DTU Aqua.
- 27th Aug. 2017: Talk at the CM-CDT and Higgs Summer school in St. Andrews.
- 7th Apr. 2017: Talk at Stazione Zoologica Anton Dohrn, Naples (Italy).
- 27th Mar. 2017: Talk at the University of Edinburgh (UK).
- 23rd-27th Jan. 2017: Flowing Matter, Porto (Portugal).
- 21st Nov. 2016: Talk at ETH Zürich.
- 31st Oct.- 4th Nov. 2016: Microscale Ocean Biophysics, Eilat (Israel).
- 27th June – 1st July 2016: STATPHYS Satellite Meeting, Roscoff (France).
- 31st May 2016: Talk at the Mathematics Department, Imperial College London.
- 27th May 2016: Talk at the Mathematics Department, University of York.
- 6-8th April 2016: The Physics of Soft and Biological Matter, Homerton College Cambridge, UK.
Academic Year 2015-current
PX366-Statistical Physics. Half term module running in November. The departmental webpage of the module can be found here. There’s a blog for the course to collect quick class recaps, extra material, comments, etc. (It had reasonable success when I introduced it last year).
Other Lecture notes
Topics in Microbial Motility. A set of three 1.5h lectures on some aspects of prokaryotic and eukaryotic motility, given at the Mathematics Department of the University of Melbourne in May 2018. PDFs of the presentations here and here; lecture notes here and here. (Inevitably there will be errors… Please let me know if/when you find some). I presented a slightly different version of the presentations, especially on the bacterial motility part, at the 2018 Fluids CDT Summer School at Imperial. See here and here.
Activities are organised in collaboration with the outreach office of the Physics Department at Warwick. (List excludes Dept. Open days)
Academic year 2018/2019
- 22nd June 2019: University of Warwick Open Day.
- 30th Jan, 2019. Science Gala at the University of Warwick.
- 6th Oct. 2018. Warwick University and Physics Department Open Day.
Academic year 2017/2018
- 10th June, 2018. WISB Stand at the Celtenham Science Festival.
- 31st Jan, 2018. Science Gala at the University of Warwick.
Academic year 2016/2017
- 31st Aug, 2017. Lab visit by a group of 8-12 year olds (CREST Awards) organised by ThinkHigher.
Academic year 2015/2016
- 13th Feb, 2016. Talk at the 10th anniversary of the Dolomiti in Scienza series held annually by the Gruppo Dolomiti Scienza (GDS).
- 5th Nov, 2015. Talk at the Physics Café, University of Warwick.
Academic year 2014/2015
- 1st July, 2015. Joint Science Conference, University of Warwick.
- 22nd-26th June, 2015. Chelsea Nwobodo from Champion School (Leamington Spa) joins the group as a work experience student.
- 21st February, 2015. Talk (in italian) within the Dolomiti in Scienza series held annually by the Gruppo Dolomiti Scienza (GDS). GDS was founded in 2006, and is the largest group in north-east Italy working on science outreach.
- 7th October, 2014. Short talk on biophysics and our lab’s activities to a group of 12 year olds from Studley High School. This was (almost) a first for me! It was difficult… in a weird way, and quite interesting. Many thanks to Ally Caldecote for helping me out!